Email Marketing Manager
Who We Are:
FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, place, or class – deserves to be well-nourished and ready to learn! In underserved communities across the country, our AmeriCorps leaders teach students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partner with farmers and food service workers to provide nutritious and delicious school meals and collaborate with communities to ensure a long-term culture of health. Building on this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools.
What We’re Looking For:
FoodCorps is looking for an Email Marketing Manager who will be responsible for growing and cultivating our relationships with key audiences through digital platforms! You will coordinate calendars for multiple audiences, develop and implement email supporter journeys/campaigns, write and edit marketing emails, and coordinate subscriber lists. You will collaborate with other teams to ensure email communications are well incorporated as part of an overall audience engagement strategy. You will also update the FoodCorps website regularly with compelling content and troubleshoot any website problems with our web agency. You will also be responsible for reviewing website and email analytics, reporting data back to the team, and making decisions based on these metrics. This role will report to the Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications and collaborate with the full Marketing and Communications team.
- Collaboratively develop email supporter journeys/campaigns with key internal leaders to ensure we are consistently communicating with key audiences and providing opportunities for engagement
- Develop and coordinate an email marketing calendar and ensure it’s aligned to our content and social media calendars
- Write and/or edit a variety of segmented email communications focused on organization updates, policy and advocacy, recruitment, events, alumni engagement, and fundraising
- Identify opportunities to grow our email lists with selected audiences
- Lead rapid-response advocacy campaigns on owned channels
- Work with key internal leaders to ensure emails are produced and sent on time and tracked for efficiency
- Use email marketing platform (Mailchimp) and CRM (Salesforce) to manage list segments, craft and send email, build new templates, and track analytics
- Oversee WordPress website to make sure the content is up-to-date and supports our audience supporter journeys, troubleshoot issues with our external web agency, and make recommendations for new content that appeals to the key audiences
- Handle content changes to the website and ensure there is a clear process for staff to request changes
- Track and report critical metrics pertaining to website and email marketing
- Translate analytics into easy-to-understand, insightful, and practical reports to present to partners
- Run the FoodCorps Google Ads account
Skills and Experience of the Ideal Candidate:
- Organized, diligent, and can see both the details of a project as well as the larger picture
- Knowledgeable about email marketing and digital communications, with deep experience of standard methodologies
- Can communicate clearly and directly
- Have a strong focus on equity and justice in your work
- Audience-focused, with a strong understanding of supporter journeys, audience segmentation, and user engagement strategies
- A good collaborator, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- A strong writer and editor
- Have experience with HTML/CSS
- Have strong experience in Mailchimp
- Have strong experience with WordPress
- Have experience with or willingness to learn Salesforce
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Hotjar, other performance tools
- Analytical skills; experience with or curiosity about using data to advise strategies
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your résumé and cover letter through our hiring site at http://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/.
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location and offers generous vacation and medical benefits, 401(k) matching, professional development funds, and a sabbatical policy. This position is a Manager-level role with an annual salary range beginning at $62,000-$69,000. Base salary may be adjusted based on geographies that have a higher cost of living.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees as required by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.