Manager of Foundation Partnerships
Who We Are:
FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, place, or class – deserves to be well-nourished and ready to learn! In underserved communities across the country, our AmeriCorps leaders teach students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partner with teachers and schools to create nutritious and delicious school meals, and collaborate with communities to ensure a long-term culture of health. Building on this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools!
Reporting to the Director of Foundation Partnerships, the Manager of Foundation Partnerships will focus on securing institutional partnerships that will increase revenue and strengthen FoodCorps’ programmatic impact in communities across the country. This person is a strategic problem-solver who understands the fundraising cycle, has experience prospecting and stewarding relationships. This person can build a portfolio of new institutional prospects while retaining current funder relationships.
This is a full-time, remote position and requires regular national travel. (COVID19 safety and restrictions will be considered regarding travel expectations.)
Revenue Generation & Prospecting
- Collaborate with Director of Foundation Partnerships to engage cross-departmentally to develop strategies to identify, pitch, secure and complete partnerships with a baseline expectation for annual revenue generation of $500k.
- Co-lead donor meetings in person and virtually, both solo and in partnership with FoodCorps’ senior leaders and other colleagues.
- Review, and in some cases draft, letters of intent, grant proposals, and grant reports that support FoodCorps’ organizational goals as well as align with the objectives and interests of the prospective donor.
- Proactively cultivate new leads and build meaningful relationships with key partner contacts.
- Navigate foundation requirements and interests, developing donor relationships that support FoodCorps’ current and future goals and work.
- Represent FoodCorps at national conferences and special events in the field to build awareness and to network with prospective new partners.
Stewardship, Execution, and Compliance
- Maintain strategic oversight of relationships with support from the Director of Foundation Partnerships.
- Collaborate with the Director of Foundation Partnerships, Director, Impact Partnerships, and the Sr. Director of Policy Partnerships to ensure high-quality execution of all partnership objectives.
- Under the mentorship of the Director of Foundation Partnerships, set priorities, establish and monitor metrics, identify and lead through challenges, and follow organization-wide practices to demonstrate progress toward goals.
- Conduct donor/partnership reviews as needed and lead renewal strategies.
- Serve as a resource for our institutional partners to strengthen their investment strategies and DEI goals.
- Manage the collaborative creation of grant agreements with finance and legal counsel.
- Guide foundations to be aligned with FoodCorps’ vetting framework and to be in good faith of our mission and anti-racism goals.
- Passionate about FoodCorps’ mission and eager to work with partners to share our impact and generate resources for our work.
- 3+ years of shown experience in relationship development, nonprofit or program management, fundraising, or strategic partnerships.
- Dedication to anti-racism, diversity, and inclusion with a desire to work for health equity, social and racial justice.
- Ability to think broadly and aspirationally about institutional fundraising strategy, bringing both strategy and creativity to sustaining and growing these relationships over time.
- Positive relationship builder, with the skills to connect with external and internal partners across a range of functions and levels of seniority.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a collaborative approach - comfortable juggling multiple projects, quick turnarounds, and competing external demands.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate adaptively and effectively with internal and external partners.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for the work of FoodCorps and our foundation partners.
- Ability to think outside of the box to efficiently solve problems.
- Ability and willingness to work independently.
- (Post-COVID restrictions) willingness to travel, approximately 10 to 12 trips annually.
- High standard of ethics, ensuring discreet handling of donor records.
- Familiarity with current CRM software, Salesforce preferred.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your résumé, cover letter, and any additional application materials to include salary requirements through our hiring site at http://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/. Please note: If uploading your application materials, PDF format is best.
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location and offers generous vacation and medical benefits, 401(k) matching, professional development funds, and a sabbatical policy. This position is a Manager role with a salary range starting at $62,000-69,000. Base salary may be adjusted based on geographies that have a higher cost of living.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees as required by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.