Philanthropic Partnerships Coordinator
Who We Are:
FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, place, or class – deserves to be well-nourished and ready to learn! In underserved communities across the country, our AmeriCorps leaders teach students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partner with teachers and schools to create nutritious and delicious school meals, and collaborate with communities to ensure a long-term culture of health. Building on this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools!
What We’re Looking For:
FoodCorps seeks a highly efficient and organized individual to provide outstanding support for its fundraising, donor communications, and development operations functions. Reporting directly to the Director of Philanthropic Experience and Operations, the Philanthropic Partnerships Coordinator works collaboratively with the growing External Relations team to deeply engage and steward FoodCorps’ supporters, and is integral to the day-to-day operations of the department.
This full-time position is primarily a remote role, but will require routine visits to FoodCorps’ New York City office for administrative work.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about FoodCorps’ mission and eager to enter the field of fundraising and/or nonprofit management. You have a dedication to diversity and inclusion with a desire to work for social and racial justice. You are highly motivated, a fast learner, great communicator, good collaborator, able to anticipate obstacles, approach your work with outstanding discretion, and are skilled at prioritizing multiple projects. In short, you are motivated by working in a fast-growing, high-paced work environment.
- Provides support for planning and implementing cultivation and fundraising events and creative donor engagement opportunities.
- Coordinates and manages lists for external donor communications, including email and paper updates, annual report distribution, and donor office hours calls, among others.
- With the Director of Philanthropic Experience and Operations, maintains the donor communications calendar.
- Supports successful fundraising meetings by assisting in scheduling, providing background and strategy documents, printing and assembling beautiful and impactful donor materials, and facilitating timely follow-up.
Research and Operations
- Identifying, researching, screening, and qualifying potential prospects alongside the External Relations Operations team.
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing of gifts and notification of internal moves managers.
- Manages FoodCorps’ gift acknowledgment processes, including sending thank you letters, receipting, and maintaining accurate donor listings.
- Helps detail donor relationships in Salesforce, FoodCorps’ CRM.
- Fields general fundraising inquiries from the public via phone and email.
- Performs other administrative and organizational duties as assigned and as appropriate to the workload and needs of the FoodCorps External Relations team and its effective day-to-day operation.
- Supports cross-departmental work such as account service teams and ad hoc workgroups by coordinating meetings, driving External Relations projects, and partnering with department leaders and/or Executive Team.
- Supports the coordination of efficient departmental meetings, including scheduling, agenda development, and keeping track of key ideas and items for follow-up.
- Works closely with department leaders and Equity Ambassador on furthering internal conversations around equitable donor strategies and engagements.
Skills of the Ideal Candidate:
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and anticipate issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences of all ages and backgrounds
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams, but also to work independently, be a self-starter and set priorities
- Experience working in and contributing to inclusive and intercultural environments
- Comfort with technology, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive tools. Ability and willingness to quickly learn new systems, graphic design programs, and databases
- Intellectual curiosity about, understanding of and passion for the work of FoodCorps;
- Genuine interest in learning the field of fundraising and/or nonprofit management and dedication to racial and social justice.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your résumé and cover letter through our hiring site at http://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/.
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location and offers generous vacation and medical benefits, 401(k) matching, professional development funds, and a sabbatical policy. This position is a coordinator role with a salary range starting at $50,000-60,000. Base salary may be adjusted based on geographies that have a higher cost of living.
Because we prioritize the health of communities and kids, FoodCorps has decided to require COVID-19 vaccination for staff and service members, to the extent permitted by applicable federal, state, and local law. We came to this decision after much discussion and consultation and recognize that some people and partners might have to make tough decisions because of it. More information about this requirement and the exemption process to apply for a legally-required exception to the vaccination requirement will be provided during onboarding, should you receive a job offer from FoodCorps.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees as required by law.