Human Resources Support Specialist
Who We Are:
FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, place, or class – deserves to be well-nourished and ready to learn. In underserved communities across the country, our AmeriCorps leaders teach students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partner with farmers and food service workers to create nutritious and delicious school meals, and collaborate with communities to ensure a long-term culture of health. Building on this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools!
What We’re Looking For:
FoodCorps seeks a highly organized, diligent professional who is comfortable in a fast-paced office environment. Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Support Specialist will be responsible for providing critical support to our HR team as we prepare for the transition of our service program year! The HR Specialist will be the primary driver for the offboarding and onboarding of 200+ AmeriCorps service members. The Coordinator will support annual service member onboarding and exiting. They will be the keeper of data by inputting information as well as generating and distributing reports in a timely manner for both HR and payroll purposes. The Coordinator will also assist the full HR team as needed.
Who You Are:
You are highly organized and efficient, with previous experience in HR. Other project management support role experience is a plus. You are meticulous when it comes to the details and thrive in the space of creative problem-solving. You have strong written and verbal communication skills and can share information in a clear and conscientious manner to a wide variety of audiences. You are comfortable balancing multiple projects. Your can-do attitude is your superpower. You are able to interact with individuals from a diverse group of backgrounds with both sensitivity and integrity. Your equity lens is always applied and you are courageous in seeking out solutions that are inclusive and well balanced.
- Communicating with current staff and candidates through various databases
- maintaining and creating accurate digital records
- working with a remote team of HR colleagues to see onboarding and offboarding projects to completion
Skills of the Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience in human resources or a position with similar responsibilities with one or more of those years working in a specific payroll-related function.
- Comfort and experience providing customer service regarding sophisticated and often sensitive topics.
- Highly organized individual with an exceptional eye for detail and ability to maintain focus and diligence to ensure data integrity.
- Must be project-oriented and have the ability to manage highly cyclical and seasonal job duties.
- Must show a high level of discretion with confidential personal information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suites.
- Strength in multi-tasking, goal-setting, and problem-solving.
- Make recommendations for process and procedure improvements for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Previous experience with AmeriCorps or understanding of AmeriCorps regulations is encouraged.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. Please submit both a Cover Letter and Resume to be considered for this role.
Because we prioritize the health of communities and kids, FoodCorps has decided to require COVID-19 vaccination for staff and service members, to the extent permitted by applicable federal, state, and local law. We came to this decision after much discussion and consultation and recognize that some people and partners might have to make tough decisions because of it. More information about this requirement and the exemption process to apply for a legally-required exception to the vaccination requirement will be provided during onboarding, should you receive a job offer from FoodCorps.
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location. This is a part-time temporary position starting in May and ending in September. The time commitment for this role is 25hrs/week with a pay rate of $18/hr.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees as required by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.