Who We Are:
FoodCorps partners with schools and communities to nourish kids’ health, education, and sense of belonging so that every child, in every school, experiences the joy and power of food. Our AmeriCorps members serve alongside educators and school nutrition leaders to provide kids with nourishing meals, food education, and culturally affirming experiences with food that celebrate and nurture the whole child. Building on this direct service, FoodCorps advocates for policy change, grows networks and develops leaders in service of every kid’s health and wellbeing. Our goal is that by 2030, every child will have access to food education and nourishing food in school!
What We’re Looking For:
Reporting to Sr. Finance Coordinator, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for supporting and assisting with financial processes and procedures primarily related to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. They will also work with the Finance team on other financial projects as they arise. While previous experience working in accounting and finance is wonderful, this role is great for individuals looking to gain experience in the field.
This is a limited-term, part-time position in Portland, Oregon. This role will be a hybrid of remote and in-person responsibilities.
Who You Are:
You are an integral part of the Finance team and will provide support with operational matters and customer service requests. You are detail-oriented and enjoy problem-solving. You are a proactive administrator who can respond quickly to support your team and communicate issues as they arise.
Employee Expenses and Invoicing
- Assisting with the initial review of employee expense reports
- Create or update existing Concur and Intacct accounts
- Check invoices to ensure all vital information and documentation
- Set up new vendor accounts
- Prepare Positive Pay and run payment confirmation and GL extract
- Provide support on vendor management (1099) reporting
- Log early Service Member Exits
- Coordinate and follow up with state team on outstanding invoices
- Assist with handling mail, scanning mail, and posting on gift processing
- Prep for monthly close
- Support Audit (coordinate and prep docs for Finance review)
- General customer services
Measures of Success:
- Complete tasks/projects (expenses/invoices) with minimal direction. Ask pertinent questions and have a keen awareness of the financial implications
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of logging checks on the deposit schedule, scan mail, and gift processing posts
- Follow up promptly (within 24 hours) to customer service requests
How to Apply:
To be considered, submit your résumé & cover letter through our hiring site at http://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/.
This is a part-time position (10-12 hours per week; a minimum of 2 hours per day) for 12-16 weeks. This position will be paid an hourly rate of $20-$25, dependent on experience.
Because we prioritize the health of communities and kids, FoodCorps requires COVID-19 vaccination for staff and service members, to the extent permitted by applicable federal, state, and local law. More information about this requirement and the exemption process to apply for a legally-required exception to the vaccination requirement will be provided during onboarding, should you receive a job offer from FoodCorps.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees as required by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.