Staff Recruiting Manager
What We’re Looking For:
FoodCorps is seeking a Staff Recruiting Manager to join the national HR and talent management team. This role will be a key player in finding high quality talent for internal staff positions as FoodCorps enters a period of rapid growth, and support continued onboarding and retention initiatives with our national team. The Staff Recruiting Manager will work closely with the Director of HR and Talent to create strong pipelines, assist hiring managers with screenings and interviews, and act as a thought partner to teams as we build out both onsite and remote staff. Additionally, the position will help support the onboarding process and ensure new staff members are set up with the right training and tools to be successful in their roles. This is a new position on the team and will include a focus on setting up hiring systems and processes for sustained growth and expansion, and be involved with other talent and performance management projects and objectives.
This full-time position will be based in FoodCorps’ Portland, OR office.
Who We Are:
FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, place or class – deserves to be well nourished and ready to learn. In underserved communities across the country, our AmeriCorps leaders teach students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partner with farmers and food service workers to create nutritious and delicious school meals, and collaborate with communities to insure a long-term culture of health. Building on this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools.
Who You Are:
You love working with people and finding the right match between skills, interests, and motivations. You want to set people up to succeed and are skilled at managing conversations between multiple stakeholders. You are passionate about FoodCorps’ mission and eager to share our story with a broad range of audiences, keeping an eye on talent both to meet current needs as well as developing talent for future roles. You have a commitment to diversity and inclusion with a desire to work for social and racial justice. You are a great communicator, extremely organized, love to collaborate, thrive on learning new skills and are comfortable juggling multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Understand the FoodCorps brand to enhance the recruitment and retention strategy for internal staff members
- Assist with the development of systems and processes to build quality talent pipelines, offering innovative and creative strategies and ideas
- Maintain candidate database system (Hiring Thing) to identify top candidates as well as potential hires for upcoming roles
- Leverage data from multiple sources to help ensure the recruitment process is efficient and scaled to support multiple searches in a concentrated period of time
- Facilitate the creation and updating of job descriptions, ensuring for accuracy and consistency across various levels and departments
- Support hiring managers through full cycle recruitment and serve as a thought partner to screen for knowledge, skills, abilities for a variety of different roles
- Conduct phone screens, in-person interviews, and advise hiring managers on best recruitment practices
- Network with various organizations and individuals to help increase a diverse talent pool
- Guide managers through the transition from hiring to onboarding and help provide support to new employees to set them up for success
Skills of the Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work collaboratively across different audiences and manage multiple conversations and communication channels
- Adept at juggling multiple ongoing projects and priorities with an eye towards deadlines and deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for diversity and inclusion and a track record of implementing strategies to diversify teams
- Efficiently organize and manage large volumes of data
- Skilled in using Google shared docs, MS Office, and applicant tracking systems
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Adaptable to the ever-changing environment of a fast-growing organization
- Creativity and innovation to think outside of the box to efficiently solve problems
- High level of discretion and management of confidential data
- Two years experience in talent management or HR a plus
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your résumé, cover letter and salary requirements through our hiring site at http://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/.
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location, and offers generous vacation and medical benefits, 401(k) matching, professional development funds and a sabbatical policy. This position is a Manager level role with a salary range beginning at $48,000.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees as required by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.