Corporate Partnerships Manager
Who We Are:
FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, place or class – deserves to be well nourished and ready to learn. In underserved communities across the country, our AmeriCorps leaders teach students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partner with farmers and food service workers to create nutritious and delicious school meals, and collaborate with communities to insure a long-term culture of health. Building on this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools.
What We’re Looking For:
FoodCorps seeks a motivated corporate fundraiser to develop and sustain meaningful engagement strategies with our corporate partners. This position will play an exciting role in deepening our corporate relationships, engaging stakeholders across the organization in our corporate partnerships, and inspiring financial investment. With previous experience working with and fundraising for underserved communities, this individual will be able to bring a diverse skill set and viewpoint to the discussion table around health equity, social and racial justice. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Partnerships, the Corporate Partnerships Manager will proactively seek ways to strengthen corporate strategy, partnerships and sponsorships by aligning corporate interests with FoodCorps programmatic initiatives, leveraging our national marketing and communications capacity. You will support the development of multi-faceted corporate relationships, with key responsibility for strengthening and delivering high quality corporate activation strategies that span purpose-driven employee engagement, product and other in-kind donation, and individualized marketing campaigns. You will inspire and collaborate cross-functionally with FoodCorps team members nationally. In addition, this role will manage a small portfolio of corporate donors.
This is a full-time position based in our New York office and requires regular national travel.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about FoodCorps’ mission and eager to share our story with stakeholders and prospective supporters, communicating the urgency and impact of our work. Able to think broadly and aspirationally about corporate engagement strategy, you also know what it takes to move an engagement forward through project planning, activation of colleagues cross-functionally, and clear communication. You’re a relationship builder, able to connect with corporate and internal partners across a range of functions and levels of seniority. You have experience with integrated marketing campaigns, you can consider how the layers of corporate activation fit together and move the relationship forward, aligned with partner interests and organizational needs. A team player with strong organizational skills, you take a collaborative approach and are comfortable juggling multiple projects, tight deadlines and competing demands. You are motivated by the idea of helping people invest in our nation’s children, and leveraging FoodCorps as their investment vehicle. You have a commitment to diversity and inclusion with a desire to work for health equity and social and racial justice.
- Contribute to corporate donor strategy to support FoodCorps nationally, in partnership with the Director of Corporate Partnerships and [Director of Institutional Support]
- Collaborate with Growth and Development team to meet and exceed national fundraising goals, both annual and as part of the capital campaign
- Participate in team strategy meetings, and follow organization-wide practices for tracking relationships, measuring performance and stewarding donors
- Identify, create and sustain purpose-driven activation opportunities for the full range of FoodCorps corporate partners
- Become a resource for our corporate partners to strengthen their corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategies, talent retention plans, and national and regional market reach
- Create and deliver unique, impactful opportunities for employee engagement that meet corporate partner interests and FoodCorps program needs; train field office staff and other team members in delivering high quality corporate engagement experiences
- Partner with our Marketing & Communications team to deliver high quality, high impact corporate partner recognition across multiple platforms, including ongoing communications activities and specific cause marketing engagements
- Proactively and strategically steward portfolio of corporate donors for financial investment and in-kind donation; regularly communicate with donors in your portfolio
- Network with potential donors and nonprofit counterparts to share information and seek new avenues for support; represent FoodCorps at conferences and special events in the field
Skills of the Ideal Candidate:
- Three to five years corporate engagement experience, or the equivalent, such as employee engagement experience within the for-profit sector or volunteer engagement more broadly
- Strength in corporate stewardship and activation, bringing both strategy and creativity to sustaining and expanding corporate relationships over time
- Experience creating and delivering corporate engagement opportunities across multiple geographies, preferred but not required
- Ability to identify and align FoodCorps’ work with corporate priorities, and pursue impactful public recognition strategies that elevate corporate relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate responsively and effectively with internal and external partners
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion with a desire to work toward health equity, social and racial justice
- Possess an intellectual curiosity, understanding and enthusiasm for the work of FoodCorps
- Strength in multi-tasking, goal-setting, prioritization and project management
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to think outside of the box to efficiently solve problems
- Ability and willingness to work independently and travel, approximately 10 to 12 trips annually
- High standard of ethics, ensuring discreet handling of donor records
- Familiarity with current CRM software, Salesforce preferred
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your résumé, cover letter and any additional application materials to include salary requirements through our hiring site at http://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/. Please note: If uploading your application materials, PDF format is best.
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location, and offers generous vacation and medical benefits, 401(k) matching, professional development funds and a sabbatical policy. This position is a Manager role with a salary range starting at $55K/yr. DOE.
Applicants with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.