What We’re Looking For:
FoodCorps is seeking a full-time Recruitment Coordinator to provide critical support to the recruitment efforts of our staff and rapidly scaling AmeriCorps service program. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Recruitment Strategy, you will assist in our ongoing efforts to recruit FoodCorps staff and hundreds of diverse and passionate service members to commit to a year of paid service helping to support kids in developing healthy relationships with food and improving the school food environment. By contributing your ideas to the annual recruitment strategy, executing online and offline engagement efforts with prospective applicants, representing FoodCorps at targeted recruitment events, and helping to forge key local and/or regional partnerships to bolster long-term recruitment pipelines, you will help FoodCorps advance our goal of significantly growing the size and diversity of our staff and service corps.
This full-time position is based in the FoodCorps office in Portland, OR.
Who We Are:
FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, place or class – deserves to be well nourished and ready to learn. In underserved communities across the country, our AmeriCorps leaders teach students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partner with farmers and food service workers to create nutritious and delicious school meals, and collaborate with communities to ensure a long-term culture of health. Building on this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and positive communicator with a “customer service” orientation; be a creative self-starter with an ability to effectively coordinate and follow through on projects; skilled at multitasking, prioritizing, and keeping an eye on the larger goal while juggling multiple responsibilities; knowledge of or interest in networking with food, agriculture, public health, and education organizations/institutions serving people of color; comfort with public speaking and remote supervision. You are also dedicated to the creation and integration of programs and policies that foster equity, diversity and inclusion across all areas of the organization.
- Assisting the Sr. Manager of Recruitment and Recruitment Manager in developing and executing recruitment goals and strategies
- Helping to design and fine tune a vibrant engagement program for prospective applicants
- Managing direct communication with applicants
- Communicating the value of serving with FoodCorps to prospective applicants, both one-on-one and to large groups, online and off
- Representing FoodCorps at recruitment events
- Initiating and building deep and ongoing local and regional relationships with targeted campuses and organizations based on recruitment priorities in collaboration with Recruitment Manager and Sr. Manager of Recruitment Strategies
- Helping to generate and maintain a diverse, qualified pool of applicants for future service member positions
- Assisting Recruitment Manager in application review and selection process
- Communication and interaction with state staff
Skills of the Ideal Candidate:
Candidates should have:
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively to support short-term and long-term recruitment goals
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for diversifying the face of the food movement
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort in front of an audience
- Highly responsive and respectful in written and verbal communication
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 15-25% of the time
- Comfort with computer technology, databases, cloud technology
- Ability to build positive relationships with potential recruitment partners
- Ability to work independently, while still acting as part of a team
- Willingness to work across differences and step out of your comfort zone
- Customer-service orientation in engaging with candidates and recruitment partners
- Social media savvy
Pluses, but not a requirement:
- Experience working in a support or like role preferred
- Social media savvy
- Experience as a FoodCorps service member
- Connection to and/or familiarity with networks of people of color in agriculture, public health, nutrition and/or food justice OR minority-serving educational institutions
- An ability to think outside the box
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your résumé, cover letter and salary requirements through our hiring site at http://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/. Candidates may be asked to complete sample projects and test workdays.
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location, and offers generous vacation and medical benefits, 401(k) matching, professional development funds and a sabbatical policy. This is an exempt level position with an annual salary range beginning at $38,000.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees as required by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.